Ever since Daddy Bunny gave me his Samsung Galaxy S last year, I’ve been hooked on this little Android machine. Even though I’m not a big games app gal, I still enjoy downloading apps from the Market which are mostly for productivity and fun. Aside from the Facebook and Twitter apps, I have several other favorites and below are my top 5 favorite apps.
5. Photoshop Express. I’m a huge Photoshop fan and having this in my phone made posting photos to twitter and facebook more fun. I can add effects and borders before I upload them. Or I can just play around with my photos and show them to Yui and we’ll laugh together.
4. MP3 Music Download. Our ride to and from work became so much fun with the music that we get to listen to. Classic alternative music from the 90’s and early 2000, some Jpop songs and even the fun “I would walk 500 miles” from HIMYM. All of these were easily downloaded from this little app.
3. MMDA for Android. Who would’ve thought that MMDA can deploy something successful? The traffic situation around Metro Manila can easily be checked with this app before you leave the house so at least you’ll know what to expect and make necessary detours if needed. So far, their traffic reports are accurate and their app even has different views such as System, Map or Line view. I find the line view easier to use. It’s simple and straight forward. Kudos to MMDA for developing this app. 🙂
2. Cardio Trainer. After downloading several pedometer apps, I decided to stick with this one (even the free version is useful). With an intuitive menu, different workout options (walking, running, climbing stairs and much more) and even an option to play music while you exercise, this app is one of the most used in my phone. The workout history and number of calories burned add motivation for me to keep moving. It’s so useful and addicting that I lost 7lbs in 3 weeks. True story.
1. Color Note. I love lists. Grocery shopping lists. To Do lists. Things to buy lists. Name it, I’ll list it. That’s why this very simple app gets the top spot. It’s so simple but very useful. My home screen already has several widgets of lists in different colors. Oh, and did I mention that you can configure different lists in different colors? Colors and Lists. Get my vote. 🙂