So the brother looks more like the father…. :-p
I’ve been having really bad headaches lately but there are still other things that make me smile and feel good inside 🙂
Kwek-kwek and Ice Scramble food trip with office friends always make me smile
Little chef in the making and pancakes for breakfast are my favorite Sunday things
I saw these little tie-side shirts at SM Hypermart and I couldn’t help but smile, remembering the days when my little one was this small and delicate 🙂
Panalo sa tagline.
For several weeks now, I’ve been having headache attacks which occurs mostly around lunch time. I don’t know what’s with lunch but I noticed it happening or starting during those hours. When I was out in a park, I attributed it to the heat but I noticed it attacks me even if I’m inside the office.
It would go away after a power nap but it got alarming when yesterday it still hurts even if I napped for 30 minutes already. I decided to go home, get some rest and see a doctor this weekend.
Hopefully, this is nothing serious…
P.S. I know most people would think that maybe Yui is an ate already, sorry to burst your bubble but it’s not. ;-p
It’s only halfway through March but already I can feel and can’t wait for summer. We don’t really have a lot of outings lined up but so far I’m looking forward to the following:
– VT Playgroup Moving Up programme. Yui will have her first ever “graduation” this Sunday, March 27. hehe! It’s not really a formal one but a moving up program for the kids. Her tita was even joking that they will attend and bring garlands and ribbons for Yui. LOL! This will mark the official start of our summer vacation 🙂
– The Holy Week. I’ve filed for a vacation leave from Monday to Wednesday to get some rest and spend a week-long quality time with Yui. On Maunday Thursday, Yui’s 2nd birthday, we don’t have anything planned yet. It’s difficult to “celebrate” given that Christ is in passion. But we have reserved at The Coffee Farmhouse in Alfonso, Cavite for an overnight stay, Friday to Saturday. I told my mom that this is a great place to reflect and pray and also will be a great getaway for Yui from the concrete walls of the condo. I can’t wait to feel the grass on my feet while playing with my little one. 🙂
– My birthday. It will fall on a Saturday this year and I’m hoping for a wonderful celebration with my family. My friend/co-worker/kumpare/ka-birthday Paul and I are also planning for a birthday outing trip with our office friends and ex-officemates. Hopefully this will push through.
There might be more surprises and out of the blue outings with families and friends, so I’ll be ready! 😉
We’ve learned about the playgroup last December when Teacher Deanne invited us to join. Without any hesitation, we’ve agreed to try it out so that Yui will have exposure to other children. Since we moved to the new place, she’s always stayed inside with grandma and only going out for errands. So we took the playgroup as an opportunity to gain friends. And not only Yui but even grandma gained new friends as well! 🙂
Being with the playgroup for a few months now, I can say that it has been a success. Here are some highlights of joining the playgroup:
- Yui’s language skills improved tremendously – she can now say a lot of words clearly and even simple (2-3 word) sentences. It might just be the perfect timing for this skill improvement but I think being exposed to other people especially kids her age who talk also helped
- They have arts and crafts lessons so Yui gets exposed to different arts and has started a collection of her artworks already
- She’s learned new songs – action songs – in the playgroup. She memorized the songs already and even performs them to her titas when we meet them 🙂
- We’re not really a fan of Barney and we managed to not introduce the purple dinosaur to Yui…until she joined the playgroup. LOL! We were surprised when one day she mentioned “Ba-nee” when she saw the Barney book given by her cousins.
- Our social calendar is also busy nowadays with Yui’s activities, including field trips, birthday parties and even “graduation” pictorials. 😀
From artworks, to action songs, to baking classes and a future baby ballet class – I’m just an excited and happy mommy seeing my little tot grow up and bloom into a well-rounded toddler 😀